Zero Bites to Heal Your Gut!
My favorite Weight Loss App is iTrackBites and I want to challenge you to check it out, sign up for the Better Balance Plan... and start using zero bite foods for weight loss AND healing!
We know that your gut controls your health and the key to good gut health is FIBER, FIBER, FIBER! This doesn’t mean that you must go out and buy a fiber supplement. Save your money!
Supplements will only give you 30% of the benefit compared to going directly to the source!
When we consume fiber rich foods our bodies flush out toxins – and since 97% of Americans don’t consume the recommended daily allowance of fiber…
…that means most Americans are walking around with toxins in their system!! ACK!
As a child I battled digestive issues that wreaked havoc on my world and carried over into my adult life as well. My pediatrician was stumped at the inability of my digestive system to work properly. Instead of focusing on adding fiber from real food into my diet (which I now know was the answer) he told my parents to give me Metamucil each day. Do you know how gross Metamucil was back in the 70’s? Disgusting!! UG!
Up until my late 30’s I continued to deal with stomach pain and after a scare at 35 years of age I was diagnosed with Irritable Bowel Syndrome.
It wasn’t until my early 40’s that I became a nutritionist, and this was a big part of the reason.
You see we have plentiful nourishment available to us that can heal our bodies. Did you know that almost every pharmaceutical medication has its roots (pun intended) in plant-based healing?
Since you cannot patent a plant it’s necessary for Big Pharma to take certain natural plant nutrients and turn them into for-profit meds – like aspirin and penicillin just to name a couple.
Save both your money by sticking with fiber filled foods like these Better Balance zero bite options below:
· Beans – High in fiber AND protein as well as B5, B6, Folate, Copper, Iron, Magnesium, Manganese, Phosphorus, Potassium, Selenium, and Zinc. My favorite are Garbanzo Beans!
· Edamame – This fun-to-eat and fun-to-say soy bean is high in fiber AND protein as well as B1, B2, B3, B5, B6, Folate, Vitamin A, Vitamin C, Vitamin E, Vitamin K, Calcium, Copper, Iron, Magnesium, Manganese, Phosphorus, Potassium, and Zinc.
· Green Peas – This fiber filled food also has plenty of B1, B2, B3, B6, Folate, Vitamin A, Vitamin C, Vitamin K, Copper, Iron, Magnesium, Manganese, Phosphorus, Potassium, and Zinc.
· Leafy Greens – One of the first things I have my clients do is increase their leafy green intake. Focus on dark leafy greens and have 2-3 servings each day! Whether it’s Kale, Spinach, Collard Greens, Romaine, Arugula, or even Iceberg don’t discount the importance of these fiber filled foods that have an astonishing amount of Vitamin A & Vitamin K. · Broccoli – When my kids were young, we called broccoli trees and fortunately it was one of just a few veggies that they would eat! Doctors should prescribe broccoli as it is just the BEST medicine in my opinion. It is filled with Fiber, B2, B5, B6, Folate, Vitamin A, Vitamin C, Vitamin E, Vitamin K, Manganese, Phosphorus, and Potassium.
· ALL Zero Bite Fruits like apples, apricots, bananas, grapes, mangoes, peaches, pears, pineapples, tomatoes, and watermelon (and more) are FILLED WITH FIBER! Make sure to have more veggies than fruit, but ALL fruits have fiber, so it is a DELICIOUS way to help heal the gut!
BTW if you are juicing you are REMOVING the FIBER! I’m not saying you can’t juice, but keep this in mind and remember that the bites are no longer free at that point.
CLICK HERE to check out the iTrackBites App and take advantage of the current $35 a year special!